Monday, September 8, 2008

Before Adrienne




We were married on January 15, 2005 after 6 years of dating. We lived in an apartment up the street from my parents for a year. Then, we bought a house in January 2006. We brought Rocky home on February 15, 2006. He was quite a handful when he was a puppy. He has become quite the big brother. :) We started trying for a baby in November 2006. We discovered we were pregnant on November 27, 2007. I just felt funny for a couple days. Who knew? It was an amazing time! I loved being pregnant! I can't wait to do it again. Well, ok, I can and will but it was wonderful nonetheless. I worked until the day I delivered and wouldn't change that because it gave me a lot of time with her after she was born. I had a very uneventful preganancy with little to no discomfort other than the heartburn. I was very lucky. I woke up at 11:45pm on Thursday, July 31, 2008 soaken wet from the waist down. I changed my clothes (twice!), woke up Jeremy, took a shower and called the doctor. We got to the hospital between 1am and 1:30am. I was admitted and attached to the monitors. My blood pressure was a little high, but I blame it on being so excited. I got pitocin between 3am and 4am to help my labor progress. Then the contractions really started hurting. (Up until this point it just felt like strong cramps.) By 7am, I was ready for my epidural. However, due to the shift change taking place, I had to settle for Stadol. I do not recommend this. It makes you feel very drunk. I was able to get my epidural around 9am after about 45 minutes of very painful contractions. The epidural was wonderful! I was 10cm at 12pm. At 12:45pm I started to push. Adrienne arrived at 1:14pm. She was 7lbs. 4.7oz. and 18.5 inches.

No comments: